Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grantmama's Birthday! ^_^

Last Saturday 29th April,


It was one happy Saturday, my family and I celebrate birthday with my Grand mama. She had turned to 70 (Age 71 for Chinese age). According to my mom, Chinese culture celebrates their big birthday with their old ones every 10 years. For grandma, it goes like every 61,71, 81 Chinese age. For grandpa, it follows like 60,70,80 Chinese age. Hmmm I didn’t know Chinese have this culture. I’m a modern man. I fail in this area. T_T

My grandma wish to have a vegetarian meal in a restaurant for her birthday (she is not a vegetarian), but she requested my mom to take her to have a nice vegetarian meal. (Since my family is a vegetarian family, we do have some experience in this “field” :-P) We had booked 2 tables for 24 persons @ 7pm, but we have to come a bit early @ 6:45pm because we are the ones to decide the meal.

7pm……

my second uncle and his family came…

wait…

wait …

7.15pm

The impatient Billy couldn’t wait anymore. He decides to take a walk around the shops near the vegetarian restaurant. From Point A to Point B to back to Point A again….

7.25pm

Back to vegetarian restaurant…..

Thank goodness everybody including my grandpa & grandma has arrived, except my youngest uncle and his family

7.30pm

Not yet come…

Burp…..burrrrrp….my stomach……*ouch…I am very hungry >_>

7.45pm….

Still same…

7:50pm…..Oh yeah finally they had came!.....My stomach….burrpp.. arggghhhh! &%#!! Are u trying to make Billy Da GREAT starve till death? >:-(

Everybody is here already…and we can start having our meal soon. Oh Finally…..my stomach! *ouch! We ordered fried rice, 2 kind of Taufu, Taukeh, some other special kind of artificial food and what ever that I don’t know what it is. (I’m not the one who order the dishes)

And then here comes my favorite Taufu…I was thinking to finish what I have in my bowl first, b4 start having my favorite taufu. We have to practice table manners all the time.

But……..

Oh wait! NOOO!.O_o..My Taufu!..all gone!...I haven’t had a single piece yet! That’s my most favorite dish out of all we had ordered!

After having my meal…..I feel I had too much…*burp…. But everything just cost below RM300 for 24 people and our family paid for it. It is alright to everybody else…but I still haven’t had my Taufu yet!

Had a nice photography session…. (As usual -_- )

And we have to go back to grandma house for the birthday cake. My youngest uncle will be the one responsible to buy the birthday cake. Late comers buy the cake! :-P

~9pm….Everybody was at Grandma home…waiting for the cake. Yup the “cake buyer” is always late :-P (just kidding hehe). The cake had arrives, ready to blow the cake. But here comes my Dad (sporting mind) who requested my grandpa (81 years old, 82 in Chinese age) to hold my grandma hand and do it together. (Old generation doesn’t seem like holding hands….Billy Da GREAT doesn’t mind to hold any opposite gender hands if he is allow to.… I mean it is very normal right?) But in the end both my grandpa and grandma still have to hold their hand(because of my dad :-P)

And then everybody start singing birthday song.

Photography session……….

Once we done……it is time to have the cake….but most of my seniors even me and some cousins refuse to take the cake….it seems that we had too much at the vegetarian restaurant just now….or is it because cakes contains a lot of fats :-P …….

Then we have our chit chat together….my eldest cousin start playing O2JAM + other games…he play it to entertaint the younger ones :-D

I myself prefer to join the seniors (my uncles/aunty) to chit chat :-D. It was very enjoyable to chat with them; I like to mix with senior people. Especially one of my uncle who like to talk about political issues, corruptions…ways of people deal business and many more interesting stuff.

~10pm….. angpow time! Happy Grandma start giving angpow to everybody. Oh thanks you …money comes! A compensation of what I had lost just now …my Taufu! Billy “Da Great” quickly go and grab his angpow from grandmama… it is a RM5 angpow (Sorry, I couldn’t resist myself from opening it on the spot :-P)….RM5 is better than nothing…a compensation of my lost Taufu!…but then Billy didn’t know the first few angpows do not have lottery. (I suspect Grandma probably do not buy enough of them).

Oh Sh*t…..I SHOULDn’t be the first guy to get the angpow!!!! *^$#@&!! Now I had lost my chances to win lottery. (Seeing some others got another RM6 T_T) And what else I can claim for my lottery lost!!!...Nothing!! T_T

~11pm..everybody is tired…..it is time to go home….


End of story….

Post ur comment ….my blog is open to everybody ….feel free to drop by :-)

14 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger ashes said...

hey its really kinda good to hear that your whole family are vegetarians..its easier to practise somethin when everyone around you is doing it.

anyway..ur grandparents r really the sporting type..nice...haha..my grandma never wanted to go out of the house for anything ever since she was like 70+ yrs old..she would onli come out for her monthly medical check-up in UH.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger YSLim said...

hahaha! so far if it is my grandparent birthday, we should be the one to give them money not taking money from them la....hahaha....

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger YSLim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

Ash: All my family members are vegetarians...but my grandparents and relatives are not. :( It just happen that, my grandma wish to have a vegetarian meal for her birthday.

Yslim: Both my grandparents practice it every year. But my uncles and aunties, they do give a big angpow back to grandma every birthday. (while grandchildren like us do not :P) I am very happy that day :D

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

Sounds nice, vegetarian full course meals arent cheap normally, hehe...my grandpa never goes anywhere to celebrate his birthday coz theres too many types of food that he cant eat due to health reasons.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Eng said...

"I like to mix with senior people"...maybe you're one of them...hehehehe

what...??!!!
you open the ang pow straight away? that's so rude in the Chinese custom...

or maybe you also are that as well!!!! :P

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only till today while i read u blog, i know that chinese still got this culture. That's grandmother/grandfather will give red-packet with lottery ticket to they grandchildren on the day of their birthday day. So far my grandmother/grandfather gave us red-packet without lottery ticket. Strange!! How many else chinese culture/practice do we still had. However, i told that all this while u r such arrogrant.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

Thank you Mr.anonymous for reading my blog.

Can u introduce ur self? Me and my blogger friends would like to know more about u.

Do u have any blogs also?

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While i'm u ex-classmate. Blog! Nope didn't blog anymore!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger BillyTong said...

Wow!, ex-classmate? hmmmm......Can you tell me your name, at least I can figure out who you are. I just want to be friends only. :)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Eng said...

maybe that's why he's trying to remain anonymous. he didn't want ppl to know who he is...

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

Thank you for enlighten me Mr.Anonymous. I had got my answer already.

Welcome to my blog...u can remain Anonymous as u wish.

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for fulfill my wish. haha. However i don't think u will still remember who i;m since we seldom chat with each others. However wish u all the best.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Uncut teen latino Sdram 256mb Dental hygienist california http://www.provigil-for-depression-treatment.info/ritalinside-affects.html Gambling in memphis Free line slot machines

 

Post a Comment

<< Home