Thursday, May 18, 2006

KTM : The Giant Sauna

Tuesday 16, May 2006.

It was a normal Tuesday; I was going back to home (from work) by taking LRT then interchange to KTM at Bank Negara Station.

As usual it is very pack during peak hours; everyone is taking KTM back to home.

Looking at the KTM time board.
My train should be here by 6.14pm

6.16pm No KTM. - more people coming.

KTM reschedule the train departure time to 6.28pm.
6.35pm Still no train.
more and more people coming

reschedule: 6.42pm

6.44pm No sign of KTM yet
Now at the train station, you have no place to stand anymore, u have to stand inside the yellow line. But luckily I found a nice spot, it is far away from the yellow line. Why I stand so far? It is because I know it is nearly impossible for me to sqeeze myself into KTM, else I will become Sardine if I want to. (judging by the amount of passengers that are waiting for the KTM)

Train arrived at 6.48pm. Finally!
But I will not ride this one....... Sardineeeeee....

waited for the next KTM
6.55 pm Second KTM arrived
This second KTM is just arrived 5 minutes late than the previous one.

This time I was able to got myself into the train
Then KTM door is closing. But all of sudden, the entire KTM went offline. It seems the power supply has been cut off entirely. There was no air-cond, no lights, and the door cannot be open.

It is getting hotter , hotter and hottter inside here. Now it is a real cooked Sardine -_-|| or I should say I'm stuck inside a big "mobile Sauna"

Everybody was complaining it was very hot inside here, and everyone of us want to get out from here. There were 3 indian youngsters trying to open the door manually. There is a emergency door handle beside the door. I'm thinking to break the glass and use that emergency handle to open the door. (why dont u guys use that emergency handle?) but then they were able to use brute force to open that door. So I change my mind, I do not need to use the emergency handle anymore.

Door opened...

Got myself out from the train back to the station. Luckily I didnt take the first train, otherwise I will be stuck in the middle of nowhere. :P I quicky made my decision for not waiting for KTM busses, or waiting them to restore the system. Judging by KTM went offline completely at the station, I think it is not possible for them to fix the problem within 2 hours. Went to ticket counter and redeem my ticket for tommorrow. Head to the bus station near Sogo. At first I decide to take bus, but there werent any bus to my place. (Kepong). I decide not to wait at all, because I could be end up reaching home by 9pm if I want to wait for a Kepong bus.

So I choose to take the Taxi, and reach my home by 8pm. :)

end of story....

5 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

The wonders of Malaysia public transport......

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger ashes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger ashes said...

never make a comment about KTM without inviting Mr.Ashes into the discussion..u can ask me all the "wonders" i went tru with this bloody KTM ever since i started diploma in APIIT.

the worst..was not even when i had to wait 4 hours at the station not knowing what on earth happened to the damn train(they just wont make ANY announcements on what the hell is happening..they will make u wait and wait like a dungu)

the worst was when a guy got heart attack due to the lack of air..we were caught in the same situation like u...the train was jammed..and they didnt open the bloody door..we were suffocating!

KTM has really pooor pooor service..seriously..pls dun argue with me abt tis..hahaha..:P

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Eng said...

thank god there's no such thing with LRTs

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger BillyTong said...

err dear friends,

I think u guys miss the news about a accident happened near Sentul where the lori had broken the KTM power cable. I think it is not KTM fault. But indirectly, KTM is to be blame for not having a backup system/recovery during a disaster happen. Their engineer do not take disaster into account. -_-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home