Wednesday, July 19, 2006

KTM : The Driver Seat!

18th July 2006, It was boring Tuesday. I got back from work, taking KTM @ around 6.15pm~6.30pm at Bank Negara station. (I couldn’t remember the exact time, because I was rushing back to home) The no. of passengers was slightly more than usual. I wondered and ask around, according to one of the passenger I asked, there was no train since 5.15p.m. because KTM face some technical problems @ Serdang Station, which has disrupted the Seremban-to-Rawang KTM commuter traffic flow.

But then my wait for the KTM departure wasn’t long. It was only just a short while after I bought my KTM ticket. The first KTM train was so pack, I knew I will not able to get in at all. So I decided to wait for the second one, which SHOULD be arrive about 5 minutes later. (According to the KTM timer) But then I saw a guy opened the cockpit door and go in the first train cockpit. I start thinking …. “Oh great, if I cannot get up the next train, I might follow this guy’s approach, open the cockpit door @ the tail of the KTM and go in. Who cares anyway, all I want is to get back home as soon as possible”

Then the second train come, I opened the door and go in the cockpit. O_o

When I got myself inside, I quickly take the driver seat. (Base on my ultra-intelligent Brain, it BETTER to sit than standing :P) Inside the cockpit I saw a lot of funny buttons/control panels, communication devices, meters and etc. The buttons and controls come with simple labels, so u can pretty much guess what’s this button for and what’s the other one do, but some of them have no labels, so I cannot figure out what’s its function. (Unless I go and press it, errr…NO I don’t do that!) Then there is a pedal next to my foot, I firmly step on it (it is just a little only, doesn’t really count as step at all). Why? Because I want to make sure this thing is press able, I don’t want to accidentally press this thing when the train is running. As for what is it use for? Only GOD knows its function, but my guess it is a brake pedal.

“So does sitting on the driver seat make u feel like you are driving a KTM train?”
Well I can say yes and no also, just that it gave me the feeling that I’m “driving” in backwards. *cough!

“And how's the experience when the first time you are inside the cockpit?”
Well it is not really special at all, very normal only, but then it is a nice experience because at least you know how the KTM cockpit looks like. :D

So when people ask “Do know how's the train cockpit looks like?”
Well yes, I “think” I know!
“Have u drive a train before?”

Errrr, I’d .…thhhhink… I can be consider I “Drive” before. :P